The Tentacle Approach
Tentacle Solutions approaches every complex business problem with one simple goal: to design and deliver the most complete solution at a price that makes sense for your business. Our innovative approach is based on a design-thinking methodology that has been honed over decades of experience and hundreds of successful client projects.
What this means is that we listen first, taking the time to understand your business needs and exactly what you want (and don’t want) from your custom software solution. We then create a plan for every aspect of your project so that your input is designed into the project long before we trigger our highly-skilled core development team into action.
During this process we look at the following key areas:
- Requirements can be discussed in detail either through an onsite visit or video call. Our team gathers as much information about your business’s day-to-day operations as possible in order to design the best solution to your unique goals and needs. We believe that custom software should be exactly that: customized to address your business needs as seamlessly and cost-effectively as possible.
- Our systems analysts will then create a requirements and specifications document that will become the road map for the development process. We believe firmly that this is a living document that is shared openly, modified when necessary, and discussed as needed. At each step of the development, your team will know what to expect and what is expected. No surprises. No unexpected cost overages.
- At Tentacle Solutions we used a three-stage design process that keeps you up-to-date on how your custom software solution is built to address your specific needs. You will see our attention to detail in each stage:
- Wireframe design
- Demonstration design
- Integrated design
- Implementation means that our coding team is at work developing the full functionality of your solution as mapped out in our analysis and design stages.
- Testing is a Tentacle priority, so your project will be fully tested at four rigorous levels:
- Internal testing
- User testing
- Stress testing
- Live testing
- Deployment means that your custom solution is delivered to its final server location and you are ready to go live and elevate your business to the next level of efficiency.
- Maintenance is a crucial part of any custom solution and Tentacle offers a variety of options to meet all business models, from On-Call to maintenance contracts of various terms and conditions.
The Benefits of the Tentacle Approach
The benefits of our approach have been proven over decades of satisfied clients and successful projects.
Benefit #1. Our approach is easy to understand and fully transparent. You will always have a clear sense of where we are in the design-and-build process and if we are facing any challenges that need to be discussed. By the time your solution goes live the solution will do exactly what you want it to do. No last-minute surprises.
Benefit #2: Our approach saves you time and money. Because we communicate with you and your team throughout each of the development stages we reduce the need for costly rework or last-minute changes. Our implementation phase is especially important, encouraging ongoing and detailed feedback from your team to power the overall improvement of the solution. We are committed to working as partners on your custom solution and we listen to your needs and concerns at every step of the journey.
Benefit #3. Our design approach is agile and adaptive, which allows for your input to be communicated quickly and implemented seamlessly. It also enhances the overall UX design quality by finding and fixing design defects quickly and identifying expectation mismatches early.
Benefit #4. Our approach mitigates risks early, which means that Tentacle is ideally suited to manage projects that other custom houses might see as too large or too complex.
Benefit #5. Our partnership with you does not end when the solution goes live. Our full range of maintenance options ensures that your solution will continue to work the way you want it to work. And we will always advise you if we see ways to improve your solution in order to keep it aligned with your business operations. Your Tentacle solution is as close to future-proof as you can get.
The Tentacle Approach to Pricing
Custom software is exactly that: customized to your specific business needs. At Tentacle we believe this means that every solution should be priced on a project-by-project basis. You get the security of an accurate budget, clear expectations, and an exponentially lower risk of unexpected overages. Typical project breakdowns using the Tentacle approach include:
- Bespoke administrative development
- Bespoke asset suite development
- Complex smart app development
- Bespoke software monitoring
- Functional document creation
- Server and database setup
- Database development
- Reporting module development
- Live Monitoring dashboard development
- Testing (unit, stress, user, and signoff)
As part of our innovative approach, Tentacle Solutions does not ask for any deposit or payment until your custom solution is complete and working as we both expect. We only get paid when the solution is solving the problems we identified together.
What this means is that Tentacle Solutions does not take every project that comes our way. Like you, we pick our partners carefully and after a thorough analysis of the project, expectations, and the commitment we share to an approach that we know works for both of us.